7 Amazing Health Benefits of Beer


We have all heard the stories of having a drink to help boost our health. But what is the best one? Well, it turns out that having one or two beers a day can be great for you. Moderate beer drinking has real benefits for the body. But be warned, anything more than 2 beers a day will undo all the health benefits. Remember to drink in moderation. Here are some awesome things about beer that will keep you healthy.

Beer good for health


1. Healthy Internal Organs

Studies have been carried out across the world on the benefits for your heart, kidneys and blood vessels. Did you know that beer can reduce your risk of kidney stones and chances of a heart attack? A Finnish study found that drinking beer can reduce your chances of developing kidney stones by 40%. Another study found that drinking beer can reduce your chances of having a heart attack by 60%. The ingredients in beer also stop blood clots from forming. A study at Italy’s Fondazion di Ricerca e Cura studied the effects of beer. They found that drinking a pint of beer daily can reduce your chance of developing heart disease by 31%. And it doesn’t end there. Beer can reduce the amount of bad cholesterol in your body. Beer also helps to keep the blood vessels flexible which reduces the risk of a stroke.


2. Mind Matters

Researchers at the University of Montreal found that two glasses of beer a day can reduce work-related stress and anxiety levels. Lactoflavin and nicotinic acid can be found in beer. Both of these ingredients are used to cure insomnia and will promote a better night’s sleep. Beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Studies at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine found that beer drinkers are 23% less likely to develop the diseases. Some studies have shown that beer boosts your memory. Silicon levels in beer are believed to protect the brain from aluminum in the body. A study in the journal Consciousness and Cognition showed that drinking beer can increase a person’s creativity.



3. Looking Good

Beer is full of different vitamins which can help the skin. Certain vitamins in beer rejuvenate the skin, making it fuller and smoother. It is full of B vitamins especially vitamin B-12. B12 is important for blood health to prevent anemia. Beer is full of antioxidants called phenols which protect the body. A Canadian study found that the antioxidants in a beer can help with eye health. Drinking lager or stout can help prevent cataracts forming on your eyes. The ferulic acid in a beer can help protect the skin from the aging effects of the sun. Even washing your hair with beer is good for it. Boil the beer to remove the alcohol and then add extra virgin coconut oil. This will add shine and protect the hair from within.


4. Tummy Concerns

Beer is full of fiber which helps keep the bowel healthy. The general rule is the darker the beer, the more fiber it has. So, a pale ale will have far less in then something like a deep and throaty ale. You can pretty much taste the difference, too. It’s important to have plenty of fiber in your diet to stop tummy concerns like constipation. Beer drinking helps the body to produce bile which helps digest fatty foods. High fiber helps with weight loss, so having a beer won’t give you a beer belly. Studies have found the opposite and beer can help reduce the inches off your waist.



5. Anti-Aging

As you get older, your bones can get weaker. Silicon is in beer which helps keep bones healthy and strong. A study at Tufts University showed that beer drinkers have a higher bone density and suffered fewer breaks. Beer is full of calcium which the body needs for bone health. A study in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture showed that drinking beer can help reduce the chance of developing osteoporosis. The phytoestrogen from hops can help with the menopause and other hormone related upsets. If you want to slow down the aging process then perhaps a few beers every now and then aren’t a bad thing. Better than anti-aging creams anyway!


6. Fight off Infectious Diseases

If you have caught the cold or flu, beer can help you fight it. Take a bottle of beer and warm it gently in a saucepan. Once it’s warm, add two teaspoons of honey. A study in Spain found that when you have a temperature and are dehydrated, beer can re-hydrate you quicker. Researchers at Oregon Health & Science University vaccinated chimps against smallpox. Afterwards, they let some of them drink beer. The chimps that had a beer or two had better responses to the vaccine. And they were a little bit tipsy.



7. Reduce the Chances of Life Threatening Diseases

A study by Harvard found that beer drinkers are less likely to develop type 2 diabetes later in life. Alcohol increases insulin sensitivity and can reduce your chances of developing diabetes by 25%. Beer is naturally low in sugar so compared to soft drinks, it won’t make your blood-sugar spike. Some studies have shown that beer might help prevent cancer. The little bit of sugar that is in beer might prevent carcinogens from forming. Beer contains xanthohumol which prevents cancer enzymes from forming.